This year we feel extra happy to announce the beginning of the new season.
Our camp doors open on the 5th of September 2020!
To make sure you can enjoy your holiday with us as much as always, and at the same time stay safe, we have prepared a hygiene protocol.
El Palmar has a long, wide beach, with a lot of space in the line-up/ water and the fresh ocean breeze. Our camp has made all the necessary changes to adjust to the new situation including new common areas, smaller course groups and increased hygienic standards.
- The inside and outside areas of our camp have a sufficient amount of space to allow for 2-metre social distancing.
- We have a lot of outside areas available for everyone to use: our inner courtyard, the 70m2 yoga house garden and our 3 outside terraces (in total approx. 60m2).
- Besides this we have created extra space with the opening of our restaurant next door.
- The restaurant offers another outside terrace (35m2) and an inner common area (75m2).
- The inner area of the camp and restaurant are spacious enough to, if needed, all get together inside safely.
- In our common areas (see above) we have changed the seating layout to provide the required amount for safe social distancing.
- Due to the expansion of the available areas we are able to create more space in between the tables and seats.
- We have smaller tables to dine in smaller groups per table
- There is always a possibility to dine in the open air on one of our terraces
- The food will be pre-portioned and served by our staff.
- Our kitchen is certified by the Spanish health department.
- We also offer a takeaway service on demand.
- As always, our accommodations consists of houses and studios with their own garden or terrace, a lot of space and a private atmosphere.
- Everyone can decide how much contact they want to have with other guests for themselves.
- We have a lot of private apartments and studios where you have the possibility to stay completely on your own.
- Our shared- houses with 2 sleeping rooms will be shared by a maximum of 3 people and contain one bathroom
- Our shared- houses with 3 sleeping rooms will be shared by a maximum of 5 people and contain 2 bathrooms.
- We don’t offer shared dormitories like hostels do.
- A bedroom can only be shared by family members, by persons form the same household or by persons travelling together.
- We wash the bedsheets and towels at 60 degrees Celsius.
- The rooms will be cleaned, opened up for airing and disinfected on a daily basis.
- We provided the accommodations with sanitizer to clean your hands
We have adjusted the number of people per course to the new situation and will teach in smaller groups. Our yoga and surf instructors will be trained to implement the required safety procedures and social distancing measures.
- Our surf courses will take place on our beach right in front of our camp, due to this a shuttle service is not needed.
- In El Palmar we have enough space in the line-up to maintain a proper distance from other surfers.
- Everyone will get their own wetsuit for the entire stay with us.
- The equipment will be disinfected after every use.
- Everyone will get their own yoga mat for the entire week.
- The maximum amount of people per class will be reduced in order to maintain the required social distancing measures.
- To make sure everyone can attend our open yoga classes, we will offer those twice a day if needed
- Our yoga house gets cleaned, disinfected and aired after every class.
- All our common areas will be aired frequently throughout the day.
- Surfaces in the camp (tables, door handles, chairs etc.) will be cleaned multiple times during the day.
- Sanitizer to clean your hands will always be available.
- Our team will wear masks.
- In our contact with others we will respect the required social distancing measures.
- We request form everyone to respect and apply the required social distancing measures. If there are any doubts about this we will remind you about them to ensure everyone’s safety.