Do you want to learn how to surf but have never tried before? Then our beginners surf course is the perfect introduction to the wonderful world of surfing. We start slowly and feel our way forward step by step. Our surf instructors teach in small groups and are with you all the time.
The surf spots in the area are perfect for beginners due to the local beach break. That means the waves are breaking on a sandbank and there are no stones in the way - ideal for beginners to learn how to surf. Our home break is located directly in front of the surf camp, so that you can practice in the water between surf courses at any time.
In the beginner surf course you start with easy wave-catching and gliding exercises in waist-deep water (in the so-called white water). There are also a few exercises to get used to the feeling of being on the board. In the next step you learn to stand up (or 'pop-up' as we say) on a whitewater wave. Further contents of the surf course are:
- The correct paddling technique - so that you get every wave!
- The correct position on the board when lying and standing
- Trimming the board in the wave to control speed.
- Surfboard diving techniques to get out to the waves quickly and safely
- The right behaviour in the line-up (surf etiquette)
- Surfing of unbroken waves ('green waves')
- 5 day surf course. We use completely new softboards that make learning easy and safe.
- Video analysis session to improve your skills. Additionally we do a surf training on land, which you can also use at home.
- Theory classes are also held on at least two days.
- At the end of the week you can also try a hard top surfboard.
- New and neoprene suits from Billabong or O'Neill
- Wetsuit and surfboard are at your disposal for the whole week, even outside of class times.
You'll see, learning to surf a unique feeling and very addictive. We take a lot of time for you to make your beginners surfing holiday as fun as possible.